Buzz Creators is seeking a creative and energetic Digital Marketing & Social Media Manager to join our hive!
The Digital & Social Media Manager takes an impactful role in creating a digital presence for our clients. It is their job to create compelling graphics, write thoughtful captions, execute strategic advertising, develop influencer relationships, and stay on top of trends in the ever-changing social media space. The ideal candidate will be very organized with great attention to detail. If you aren’t afraid to think outside the box and make a brand come to life in the digital world, then this job is for you!
We ask that candidates have at least 2-3 years of experience with social media marketing. Prior agency experience is a plus!
If you are interested, please send your resume and cover letter to Christina Rae at email@example.com
Digital/Social Media Manager
Reporting to: President
Following is an overview of the Social Media Manager position that is available at Buzz Creators, Inc. in Valhalla, NY.
Organization: Buzz Creators, Inc.
Company Overview: At Buzz Creators, we believe that every business has a story. Our goal is to help businesses tell theirs. We provide public relations, marketing and brand building support to companies of all shapes and sizes. Understanding that there is no one size-fits-all marketing or communications strategy, we pride ourselves on creating and implementing personalized programs for each of our clients that directly support their specific business goals. In the end, it’s all about creating buzz and excitement for our clients’ products and services. Additional information on Buzz Creators can be found at www.buzz-creators.com.
Location: Buzz Creators is based at 400 Columbus Avenue, Suite #122 in Valhalla, NY.
Salary: TBD based on experience
Position Overview: This role provides support to the Account Executive, Account Manager, Account Director and President. In this position, you will help assist with day-to-day client account work – specifically social media (including photography and graphics created in Canva) and our digital initiatives (latest news on websites, blogging, e-newsletters, etc.). This includes maintaining a high-level of awareness with client activities, detail-orientated programs and project management and professional communications and management of key clients contacts as needed.
This position is also responsible for evaluating, planning, organizing, managing and contributing to all social media channels in an effort to achieve client objectives while ensuring a consistent marketing message is carried out and effectively strengthens our client’s brand awareness in the market.
This is a terrific opportunity for an organized, creative, self-motivated individual to learn more about the marketing and communications industry and to gain excellent, hands-on experience. This job also offers flexibility and fun!
Main Social Media Responsibilities:
- Analyze and evaluate both existing and potential social media activities, content and strategies
- Conduct, gather and analyze market research to determine new social media opportunities
- Identify, interpret and capitalize on social media and digital marketing trends
- Plan, manage, coordinate and execute (schedule via Hootsuite) social media programs and initiatives for clients
- Create graphics for social media and digital programs via Canva (or other design programs)
- Take creative new photos as needed (mostly quarterly) for client’s social media channels
- Assist in managing, monitoring and responding appropriately to blogs, “review” sites and social network sites
- Find relevant users to follow/friend/connect and build relationships with
- Conduct competitive analysis research
- Evaluate monthly social media metrics and track outreach/coverage
- Achieve targeted results and ensure timely and effective execution of social media tactics and programs
- Manage client advertising on social media channels and boosted posts, etc.
- Stay on top of social media trends/changes and share that information with the Buzz Creators team and our clients
- Conduct social media-focused training sessions with clients
- Help with new business opportunities – growing the company’s digital marketing practice
- And much more!
Other Potential Responsibilities:
- Assist in writing blog posts, e-newsletters, press releases, pitch letters, client proposals
- Assist in training, evaluating and managing social media interns
- Attend and assist at client meetings, events, networking events, etc.
- Help maintain company’s website content and social media initiatives
The ideal candidate would ideally…
- Have a minimum of 2-3 years of real-world social media, marketing or PR experience through prior jobs and/or internships (agency experience is a plus!)
- University degree or college diploma in a related field – have taken public relations, social media, digital marketing, journalism and advertising focused-course/s
- Strong analytical, planning, forecasting and research skills
- The ability to manage multiple priorities and demanding timeframes
- Be very savvy with the Internet and social media (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Hootsuite, etc.)
- Ability to utilize social media and web applications to support our clients’ brand image and market activity
- Possess very strong writing/proofreading/oral communications skills
- Ability to exercise judgement, identifying and managing risk and making clear, informed, appropriate, pragmatic and timely decisions within a highly pressured environment
- Familiar with using word processing, databases, spread sheets and web applications including email, e-marketing, etc. (Hootsuite, MailChimp, Constant Contact, Canva, etc.)
- Be fun and focused on delivering excellent client service
- Be highly self-motivated/ambitious and be able to work well under minimal-supervision
- Be available to attend/manage evening client events/galas as needed
Please provide cover letter & resume to:
Christina Rae, President, Buzz Creators, Inc.
p: (914) 358-5080
a: 400 Columbus Avenue, 1st Floor South, Valhalla, NY 10595